Hanomag (Hannoversche Maschinenbau AG) was a German producer of steam locomotives, tractors, trucks and military vehicles in Hanover. Hanomag first achieved international fame by delivering a large number of steam locomotives to Finland, Romania and Bulgaria before World War I. In 1925 they added automobiles to their line, additionally moving in 1931 into the production of construction machinery. Since 1989, the company has been part of the Komatsu company.
|During World War II, the car plant made military vehicle engines, a military version of their heavy tractor renamed the SS-100, and half track troop carriers. Hanomag 20 B , a 4-wheel-drive Small Unit-Personnel Carrier was produced 1937-1940 (ca. 2000) under the parentage of Stoewer (as the R180, R200 and Type 40). Capacity problems by Stoewer resulted in co-production by both BMW (as the 325) and Hanomag. Together the three manufacturers made ca. 10.000 units. The special 4-wheel-steering system was fitted on most models. Operating a "lock-level" between the front seats made the steerable rear axle turn sideways to a certain angle.
In 1964, Rheinstahl took over Henschel-Werke and in a reverse of history the company was merged with Hanomag.
(Henschel & Son (German: Henschel und Sohn) was a German company, located in Kassel, best known during the 20th century as a maker of transportation equipment, including locomotives, trucks, buses and trolleybuses, and armoured fighting vehicles and weapons.)
The farm tractor operation was sold to Massey Ferguson and in 1969 the truck making division of Hanomag-Henschel went to Daimler Benz, leaving the Hanover works making earth-moving machinery for Massey Ferguson.
In 1989, the world's second largest construction machine manufacturer, Komatsu, bought a share of Hanomag AG and since 2002 Komatsu Hanomag GmbH has been a 100% subsidiary of the global company.
The diversity of types within the Wehrmacht to reduce the numerous jeeps civilian origin, such as, for example, the types of Mercedes-Benz 260 Stuttgart or Wanderer W11, their off-road capability was insufficient, replace, developed, the Wehrmacht three new Cars of different weight classes. The light unit-passenger Car was produced from 1936 onwards by various companies under the names of the Stoewer R 180 and R-200 special, BMW type 325 and the Hanomag type 20B. The vehicles independent front suspension, four-wheel drive and all-wheel steering. An absolute harmonisation was never achieved, among others, found four different engines. In 1940, the lightweight unit was revised-Cars and, in a simplified Form without all-wheel steering - by Stoewer as a "type 40". In this, the steering wheel was omitted and the cable brakes were replaced by the brake Oil pressure. The production was in 1943, after the complicated techniques in the much more economical VW type 82 become superfluous.
|¬недорожные траспортные средства (Land Locomotion Ц Mechanical Vehicle Mobility LL-MVM) Home|