OAF was created by FIAT in 1907 and is now part of the German MAN group. The manufacture of automobiles began in the new plant built for the occasion in Vienna in 1908, while the number was only 50 employees. A truck of 4 tonnes, similar to the Italian Fiat model was manufactured from 1911. It was originally Austro-Fiat, which during the First World War began to develop their own products.
In 1925 the Austro-Fiat brand expired and the company became Osterreichische Automobil Fabrik AG, under the abbreviation OAF, with preservation of the trademark filed earlier. Also in 1925, a separate company took over sales of Italian FIAT cars, and Austro-Fiat became affiliated with Austro-Daimler and Puch. The last private car, Type 1001A, was different from the earlier Type 1001, having 34 bhp (25 kW) engines and conventional rear axles.
The latest model Fiat's truck was TS 1924, equipped with a 45 HP Fiat engine. The company began production of other models in Austria, which has enabled the company to begin developing its own models. The most popular submitted in 1925 was the AFN light truck AFN with 1.75 tons of payload. This truck used a 42 hp 4 Cylinder Fiat engine 2850 cm3, it also used gimbals and real tires, not solid tires, which allowed for a speed of 65 kmh. In 1928, the AF2 appeared and the following year a bus called the Austro-Fiat-1001. It is from this time that the company discontinued the manufacture of passenger cars to concentrate on commercial vehicles, trucks, vans and buses. This allowed the AFL/AFY to be manufactured from 1930 to 1937.
In 1936, when Austria was invaded by the armies of the Third Reich , German MAN obtained the majority of shares owned by Fiat in OAF to the manufacturer Italian possesses more than 15%. OAF began equipping some of its trucks with engines diesels from MAN in 1934. In 1936, with MAN treaty entered into a license for diesel engines.
After the Second World War, the Floridsdorf factory was in the Russian zone and the plants were used for Russian reparations. In 1955, OAF was released from these payments and the factory began producing trucks again. They went to Austria to build military trucks but the Austrian army eventually selected rival Steyr for its famous Pinzgauer. The Tornado was OAF' s challenger, best-selling truck in Austria.
In 1970, the company was privatized again; MAN then let it merge with Graf & Stift, out of which OAF Graf & Stift arose which in 1971 was fully taken over by MAN.
Since the 70s, all MAN trucks received an OAF-grille. OAF mainly produces extra special and heavy trucks.
is an initialism for Osterreichische Austro-Fiat, later as Osterreichische Automobil-Fabrik, an Austrian (Austro-Hungarian) car and truck brand.
С 6 06 1971 - Osterreichische Automobilfabrik OAF & Graf und Stift.
In 1971 the company merged with Osterreichische Automobil Fabriks-AG (OAF) to form OAF-Graf und Stift AG, which in turn was taken over by MAN AG the same year. OAF-Graf & Stift AG continued manufacturing under that name, as a subsidiary of MAN. Still based in Vienna, it was focused on supplying trucks and buses for the Austrian market, mostly based on MAN designs, and additionally specialised in trolleybuses. It was MAN's main trolleybus producer in the 1980s and 1990s, and these were sold under the Graf und Stift name, with trolleybuses' being supplied to several European cities, including Salzburg, Solingen and Bergen (Norway), among others.
Lohner-PorscheIn 1898 komt Ferdinand Porsche bij Hofwagenfabrik Ludwig Lohner and Co. in Wenen te werken. Hier werd de Lohner-Porsche-Elektromobil ontwikkeld, die in het voorjaar van 1900 op de Parijse wereldtentoonstelling een sensatie bleek. Het was de eerste auto met aandrijving op alle vier de wielen (maar dan wel onafhankelijk) en de eerste Hybrideauto. De auto had elektromotoren in de naven van de voorwielen. In 1906 vertrok Porsche bij Lohner om te gaan werken voor Austro-Daimler.
Austro Fiat, de voorganger van OAF (aanvankelijk betekende dit Osterreichische Austro-Fiat), was een Oostenrijke autofabrikant die onder licentie FIAT's maakte. Al voor de Eerste Wereldoorlog begint men eigen ontwerpen te bouwen. Na 1925 wordt een naamsverwisseling doorgevoerd (OAF als merknaam, nu in de betekenis Osterreichische Automobil Fabrik) en komt Austro FIAT te vervallen.
Husar HA 2-90, 1971
OAF HA 2 - 90
MAN-OAF 20.320 6x6
The Austrian OAF s-LKW Truck
|Внедорожные транспортные средства (Land Locomotion – Mechanical Vehicle Mobility LL-MVM) Home|