| RABA Automotive Group Type Public
commonly known as Raba, is a Hungarian public limited company, listed on the Budapest Stock Exchange. Raba engineers, manufactures and customizes automotive components, specialty vehicles and axles for commercial vehicles, agri-machinery and earth-movers. The Raba has been building axles as well as complete vehicles since 1902.
In December 28, 1896 nine shareholders founded the Hungarian Railway Carriage and Machine Works Plc. in Gyor with 1 million crown capital at the general assembly with Emil Lederer. The first product of the Railway Carriage Factory were 30pc, 15 ton, two axle tank cars for the Galicia-Carpathian Petroleum Plc. During next century the company was reorganized, changed its products and management. Since its privatization in 1997, Raba has become highly export-oriented, with deliveries to foreign markets making up 60% of its annual sales (40 countries) and is one of the biggest independent axle manufacturers in the world. Today the company manufactures complete and incomplete axles and their components. The product range of company contains: Bus Axles, Truck Axles, Off-Highway Axles, Parts and Assemblies. The customer list of company includes some of the world's largest automotive manufacturers, such as MAN , Suzuki , ISUZU ,BPW, Daimler Chrysler , Caterpillar , Dana Corp., Arvin Meritor and John Deere & Co.
Raba spol. s.r.o., was established on 3 July, 1996, by the original owner of the sales representation in Prague, RABA Holding a.s., as a reaction to structural and organizational changes in foreign trade. As a result of the rationalization of the activities and changes in the original owner's company, the Czech company VIKO s.r.o., bought RABA spol. s r.o., Praha., on 21 February 2002. The VIKO company is the 100% owner of its subsidiary company RABA, s.r.o. RABA, s.r.o., is an exclusive representative of Hungarian producer RABA Axle Ltd. in Gyor, and it does purchasing business with the intention to sell Raba original products within designated territories (Czech Republic, Slovakia, and Poland).
1904 - The petrol-fuelled engine won: On the basis of Staff Captain Tlaskal's and Engineer Koroknay's designs the first petrol-fuelled, mechanical all-whell drive and steer on-highway vehicle of the world was made in Gyor. As an expert Ferdinand Porsche also participated.
1936. The first 150 Botond off-highway vehicles were supplied. The prototype of all-wheel drive artillery tractor type RABA 41 M was made with the RABAM.A.N. 6 cylinder, 100 HP engine on the basis of the experiences with Botond.
Raba's trucks originally used cabins supplied by West German MAN, but from 1980 on DAF's F241 cabin was used, ..and developed together with the Linz Institute of Graz, Austria.
38M Botond Raba 38M Botond was a Hungarian all-terrain truck. Designed by Gyor-based Raba Magyar Vagon- es Gepgyar works, it was extensively used by the Royal Hungarian Army during World War II. The truck was based on a successful Raba AFi truck chassis, but was built in a relatively rare configuration of 6x4. Development of the new vehicle for the Royal Hungarian Army started in 1937, when Dezso Winkler was ordered by the Ministry of Defence to create a project of a 1.5-ton lorry to be used as personnel carrier. Too allow for higher cross-country mobility but also keep the costs down, the truck received the 6x4 configuration. To aid in difficult terrain, the construction received a number of innovative mechanisms. One was the second axle, raised above the ground level and in contact only at the peak of a summit. Another innovation was a set of two rollers mounted at the front bumper that were intended to aid in crossing of ditches. The latter feature was a copy of a similar mechanism used in the 31M H-2 lorry designed by Zsigmond Hollos of the Manfred Weiss Steel and Metal Works (HMW - after 1949 Csepel ) (The Weiss Manfred Acel- es Femmuvek ("Manfred Weiss "), or colloquially Csepel Muvek (" Csepel Works") was one of the largest machine factories in Hungary, located on the Csepel island outside Budapest. It played an integral role in the heavy industry and military production of the Austro-Hungarian Monarchy.)
Nicholas Straussler (1891Ц1966) was an engineer mainly remembered for devising the flotation system used by Allied amphibious DD tanks during World War II. Born in Hungary, he developed a reputation as an innovative automotive engineer before becoming a British citizen during the interwar period. His work was mainly to do with amphibious, off-road and military vehicles.
Throughout the 1930s, he worked with Alvis Cars, Vickers-Armstrong and Hungarian companies on a variety of projects. His work for Alvis involved designing armoured cars such as the Alvis Straussler AC2 and the Alvis Straussler AC3. The prototypes were built by his own company Straussler Mechanisation Ltd, and the production vehicles by a new joint company, Alvis-Straussler. that was formed in July, 1936. He later improved the AC2 design and it was built in Hungary by Manfred Weiss as the 39M Csaba. These saw service with the Royal Hungarian Army. As Hungary was allied to the Axis powers during much of World War 2, 39M Csabas were also used by the German Army. Another vehicle he was involved with that saw Axis use was the Garner -Straussler G.3, a four-wheel drive, off-road truck that was used in small numbers as an artillery tractor by the Germans. This truck had the unusual feature of being driven by two engines that were coupled together
|¬недорожные транспортные средства (Land Locomotion Ц Mechanical Vehicle Mobility LL-MVM) Home|